Image Map

Friday, July 22, 2011

Brain mal-functioning kinda day.

I can't seem to get any words on paper today- none for a blog, none for the 3 papers I have due in the next 48 hours, none for the huge presentation that is due next week...NOTHING!!!!

Im having one of those days...so...

I went to the mall and bought some cute shirts (all were on sale!). I also went to lunch by myself- which I don't think I have EVER done. This wasn't a quick in-and-out kinda lunch..it was a sit down..full service..bring me water please..lunch..and I was by myself and it was awesome! I just enjoyed my yummy food (woohoo French Onion Soup that was probably really really bad for me but I ate it anyways) and thought about NOTHING! The worst part was...I was so into "not thinking" that the waiter brought me my bill and I just handed him the card...he brings the receipt back and I was charged $23.00..for soup?!?! So then I had to have them refund it and all that stuff. And to think- I am usually the one who is starring at every single item that goes across the check stand and making sure it was rung up at the right price!

Do you ever have those days where your brain just isnt running full speed..or in my case, snail speed?! I think I used it too much this week!

Tonight is going to be a- relax, calm down, dont think about school work- kinda night.  I will wake up bright and early tomorrow morning and head to starbucks and get my study on...did I mention our new iPad that we are getting today? Yea about that..I over think that TOO! I walked into apple today and was all ready to buy one and couldnt get ahold of anyone so I left (that place is always a Zoo!). Then I debated buying a laptop (since mine broke and I use my iMac desktop but its so not good when you have a husband and a dog living in the same space as you are trying to write ground breaking articles! ha!)..So now I think ill just get an iPad- saves me money from buying a laptop- lets me do the bulk of the work away from my desktop and all that stuff. But yea, when Trav gets off were heading to good ol' Best Buy- because I cant take the Apple store 2x in 1 day.

I think an appropriate verse for today is:

Psalm 9:9-10 "God's a safe-house....The moment you arrive, you relax; you're never sorry you knocked."

If you are having a no-brain functioning day, like I am today, give it to Him. He will restore your energy. Sometimes, our brain is running faster than our legs can keep up and we just need to stop & catch up with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment