Image Map

Monday, August 29, 2011

ONE MOMENT

My mom always told me: "The higher up you go, the meaner people will get"...I always rolled my eyes and said 'yea ok mom- not to me."...you know that saying 'Momma knows best'..yea "INSERT HERE"

One day about 4 years ago..I woke up and said "THATS IT! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" and I started to dump the friends I didn't need. Told the ones I did. and stopped caring what anyone thought. Fast forward 4 years: through hard times, good times, exciting times, testing times....God brought me here! 

Now im not writing this to be all pompous and what not..but just to demonstrate the power of ONE MOMENT! All it took me was ONE MOMENT to be done with it...one moment to say "I have had it" and one moment to say "Megan- God has the craziest plans for your life....why dont you get out there and figure out what they are?!" Unfortunately, for some, that moment never happens...they live their lives thinking about having that moment but they can never get the courage to put that moment into action.

Challenge yourself: if you know you are made of more. if you know that you can handle more. if you know your amazing. if you know that God gave you talents that He is ready to see you use. if you know that its going to be hard. if you know that its going to be worth it. if you know that you want to be standing in front of all those people who are saying that you cant do it.....think about how AMAZING it is going to feel standing in front of them saying 'No..I didnt do that..I started finishing THAT and ended with THIS!" Just forget about everyone that hurts you, everyone that puts you down, everyone that you DO NOT NEED..and go to the One that KNOWS you need HIM! 

You will do awesome things but you can't get goin' if you dont start droppin'. 

Its true- the more successful you get- the less that people will support you and the more that they will criticize you.

Even for me, this past year, God has helped me achieve so much success and there have been SO MANY people that have naturally been "X'd" out of my radar...talk to me 4 years ago, I would have been devastated. Talk to me today...and I will tell you how much better off I am, how much better off my marriage is, how much better off my relationships are, how much better off my career is, how much better off my social life is, how much better off my adventures are.... getting rid of those people is such a blessing- it frees up more room for the people that matter! I no longer have to work to hold onto friendships- I have new friends, who are just as successful, who are just as close with the Lord and who are just as comfortable with their life and calling- and it makes everything so much better!  

You cant experience the amazing things God has in store for you when you are scared to get rid of the "ordinary" and to jump in to the unknown. But you know what- you WILL get to the top of the mountain and you WILL celebrate and you WILL look down and say "LOOK AT ME NOW!"...then, you will turn around....and see an even BIGGER mountain to climb and to accomplish....and when you stay 110% tuned in to what He has to say to you....pretty soon, you will reach that mountain top too!


I google imaged this photo; its from stahlworks.com
(I dont know about you..but when I stand up at these "mountain tops"- all I care about is standing up there with those that matter- in peace and celebration! He's got you covered. Now TRUST HIM and GET OUT THERE AND BE MORE INCREDIBLE THAN YOU ALREADY ARE! 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment