Here I am sitting and reading “The Way of the Shepherd” for at least the 14th time. This small book has taught me some of the best skills about leading and serving others. I have been to many leadership seminars and have participated in leadership courses, with countless large texts but no classroom text has impacted me like this book has.
While reading this book today, I kept thinking about how every single person you meet in your life is important and impacts it in some way shape or form. On the contrary, we impact every person we encounter. Even if it’s a person at the store- give them a smile- you never know how much they need that smile. And lets be honest- even when you don’t NEED a smile, you need a smile.
Show your friends and family that they are important to you, tell them that you need them. Sometimes I am so busy running around the place that I forget to look up- I have my head set on a mission and I am after it! I could have walked past 7 people who NEEDED a smile, NEEDED encouragement.
I have made it a goal to let each of my friends know how THANKFUL I am for them, to tell my husband how I couldn’t do LIFE without him, and to let my family know that they,even from 2000 miles away, have a VITAL role in my life. Lets make it a goal- everyone- everywhere- lets show them love, joy, happiness, and excitement.
Even when you don’t think about it- you will change someone’s day- you may save someone’s FAITH- you could change their PERSPECTIVE on life. We have the power to CHANGE the negativity that seems to be increasingly circulating through society.
God didn’t put us on the earth to be blessed, thankful and happy by ourselves, in our quiet cubical, our quiet apartment, our car running errands…NO He put us here to SHARE IT with those who need it!
I am on this earth to share my excitement of life, shine my light of God and to show the world that He is LOVE.
Oh and umm...ps....there is no such thing as a “bad day”- did you wake up this morning? Are you breathing right now? Did you eat today? Are you reading this on your computer/iphone/smartphone/ipad/i-whateverelseyoucanreadthison? I am assuming you are/you did…. compare that the portion of the world that may not have one, or ALL, of those luxuries.....
You, my friend, are blessed.
You, my friend, are alive.
You, my friend, have a purpose.
And YOU, MY FRIEND, will make someone’s day GREAT
never forget that everyone has a story, and everyone needs ENCOURAGEMENT, and everyone can use an extra smile.
(Google search: source mosaic-seattle.org)


No comments:
Post a Comment