Image Map

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011

As this year comes to an end....I have been reflecting on all the things that God has blessed us with..and all the promises He has kept..all the new experiences He has allowed..and all the lessons that He has taught us.

2011 was a year in which God revealed himself to me in ways that I could never even dream of. He reminded me that he is King of Kings and He put me in challenging situations where He prevailed!  God performed a miracle this year, He lead me towards where He knows I need to be and He made it possible. God always has something better in store for us. As long as we keep praising him, relying on Him and focusing on Him- He will do the unthinkable!

Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. Isaiah 40:31

Recap of 2011:
Life as a newlywed..2000 miles away from my husband (for a month); a phone call that revealed God's miraculous capabilities (I still remember where I was, when it was, how it went down, and the phone calls I made right after in TEARS because I was so excited about the news); Travis began his life in Houston; first valentines day as a married couple; a new family member joined our clan (Hello Ziggy);
March 11, 2011- the phone call that changed my life forever. It practically brings me to tears thinking about this- I am so grateful for how the Lord maneuvered me towards His plans for me. It is so true that when you're in the bottom- you must keep praising him- and when you're on top- keep praising Him. In all things- PRAISE HIM!
He is your praise and He is your God, who has done these great and awesome things for you which your eyes have seen. Deut 10:21
Family time in Texas; CA; Family time in Michigan; our first christmas as Mr. & Mrs.; one year anniversary; my birthday....

PHEW! 

 I can not wait to see how God works in our lives in 2012.  All we know is- 2012 will be full of "new"- New country/state/city, new responsibilities, new challenges, new rewards, new blessings, new experiences, new degree's, new jobs..new new new.

STAY ENCOURAGED. KNOW THAT 2012 IS THE YEAR FOR OPPORTUNITIES, THE YEAR FOR RENEWAL, THE YEAR FOR CHANGE, THE YEAR FOR FORGIVENESS, THE YEAR FOR CHALLENGES, THE YEAR FOR OBEYING, THE YEAR FOR BLESSINGS and most of all....2012, like 2011, gives 365 mornings to give THANKS and to ALWAYS, no matter where 2012 may take you, remember WHO YOUR PILOT REALLY IS.

Cheers to all the memories {good and bad} from 2011....and here's to making 2012 our best year..and to walking next to the One who {no matter what} holds this promise for us: 

God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us. Ephesians 3:20 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment