A few days ago we had a so-called "storm" in Houston- now...being a Southern California girl, I used to think a 15 minute thunder storm was practically what a hurricane felt like. I am now proud to say that 3 hours of thunder-lightening and 3" of rain fall is nothing! (minus the fact we were able to leave work and go home and I snuggled on the couch with our dog..) Anyways..I was sitting at home, watching the rain POUR down and listening to the news (really...jsut the tornado warnings all through this part of the great state of Texas) and I just broke down..broke down I tell ya. I was so THANKFUL that we were all sent home from work, I was thankful that God sent that storm- because it was a physical reminder of how there is calmness in a storm. I started reading The Word and it was almost as if God was telling me "Megan- your in a storm right now- physically and emotionally- but get in shelter and focus on ME." I needed that day to come back to how He wants me. He wants me constantly thirsty for the Word, always Hungry for His name and as ready as ever to wrap Him around every little thing that I do!
We are a busy generation- we strive to do as many things as possible- add as many experiences to our resumes...take as many classes as possible..volunteer as much as we can..workout to be as healthy as we can be..be the best parents we can (if you are a parent) and serve as many people as we can. Amidst the hussle and bussle lets make sure we dont forget how we got here and why we are still here.
We are still here because HE allows us to be.
Even in the storm, there is calmness. Even in the terrential downpour of life, there is a way to stay dry. Even in the lighting and thunder of decisions, there is a quiet place. And even when the wind gets to be too much, and you just want to let go and let it take you away- He is there holding you down and letting you choose how you will proceed.Friends I want to challenge all of us (definitly myself included) to never loose sight of why we are here. Take time to focus on Him- let Him change your attitude- let Him make your day more successful- and let His wisdom resignate within you. When it feels like you cant do anything else...thats when God comes in and gives you the strength...You just need to be avilable to let Him in!
No comments:
Post a Comment