I cannot stop smiling. I put myself to the 30 day challenge- never forgot to spend my time with God EVERY day- never got too "tired" to finish a workout strong- and resisted from eating cookie after cookie. :)
it was all about- FAITH. MIND. BODY. you wont BELIEVE the impact changing one little thing can have on your life. I remember hearing that it takes somewhere around 11 days to turn a task into a habit- and in my case- I feel like it took 30 days- but boy am I glad I stuck to it!
FAITH. Now- I cant imagine not spending 30 mins or an hour or two hours or however long I can make- with Jesus. Diving into his word, reading books about Him, learning how to grow in my faith, and talking to Him every day changed so many aspects of my day to day life. Yes- I have had a relationship with God for as long as I can remember- but its so true that your relationship can always get deeper. Not only did it bring me closer to God, but this time spent with Him brought me closer to myself and it brought my husband and I even closer.
MIND. I am just going to throw it out there- getting through a hard workout is a mind game. Sure- theres a physical component where you might not be ready to run a 30 mile trail, or you may not be able to lift 150 lbs. But- find the point that your body can handle while still being challenged and follow it. When you're supposed to do 30 squats- do 30 squats. 29 doesn't equal 30. For me- the toughest part about a circuit is the middle- but I know that when I push through it- the last rounds are that much better.
BODY. Haven't you ever heard "you are what you eat?"- hear it. take it in. use it. I am drawn to sugar- I swear my body used to be hard wired for anything with chocolate in it. I couldn't go a DAY without a cookie or cupcake or ice cream or something- DIS.CUS.TING! I made alternatives for myself and did the annoying, gross, sweet tooth habit ever break! SAYONARA oreos. BIENVENIDO greek yogurt with fat-free sugar-free pudding mix and sugar-free vanilla syrup and Cinnamon with some graham crackers. YUM. Its all about clean eating. Even my husband (who wouldn't dare go near a sweet potato in his life) was eating roasted sweet potato "fries" (aka fresh wedges i seasoned and stuck in the oven for a little while), green beans and chicken.
BELIEVE. A struggle needs Jesus to overcome it. A goal needs Jesus to help you achieve it. A blessing pours down from Jesus. A trial needs Jesus to show the light. A sin needs Jesus to forgive it. Believe that He is with you. UNDERSTAND that you are not alone. BE uncomfortable and let Him show you that He is Lord. KNOW that a challenge is a good thing. CHALLENGE yourself and see the BLESSINGS that pour down. GOD shows up when it is uncomfortable. so GET READY my friends!
Now- get out there. write down some goals. and start going at 'em.
No comments:
Post a Comment