Image Map

Friday, February 10, 2012

Five for Friday

Every Friday I am going to write a post titled "Five For Friday". This will be any 5 things I want to talk about. Today's "Five For Friday" will be...

Five lessons from this week:

1) Growing up doesnt mean enjoying less- it means enjoying differently.
We went to a Raggae concert last night of one of our favorite bands. A few years ago, I would have been up front and center. Last night- back and right. Don't get me wrong- we still enjoyed it but there was a totally different feeling than I have had before. I was thankful to be holding hands with my husband and enjoying some music we used to listen to back home on the beach but I wasnt as in to this concert  as I thought I would have been. Sometimes- sitting on the beach with my man listening to the music is way better than spendign the money and getting to bed super late. Hey- it was a date and I enjoyed it just as much :)

2) You can do it.
I had the toughest week of workouts in a long while- and they were back to back to back. Tuesday night I couldnt imagine waking up early and doing another one on Wednesday..and thinking about Thursday and Friday's workouts werent even on the radar. Every morning I woke up, as sore as could be- ate my egg whites and oatmeal- and bundled up and drove to the gym. The hardest part is waking up getting out the door. Once I am in the car and on my way- theres no turning back. No matter what you are facing, no matter what you know you should do but really don't want to do- just GET OUT THE DOOR (so to speak) and the hardest part is over.

3) We dont like jambalya anything.
At all.
No need to go into details the fact that I set up the crock-pot, spent 20 minutes preparing it and 8 hours letting it cook. It is not our meal of choice over here on this side of town. PERIOD.
safe to say- Jambalaya will not be cooked in our kitchen for a while ever.

4) Show people you're serious. Don't just tell them.
As a public health professional, collaboration is keen. It's funny to see how people react to faces differently. Its all about business. They ask you the answer to question A- you give them the answer. They want you do fill them in on this situation- you fill them in and SHOW them how you have recorded it. I think I had such an awesome week wtih meetings and work in general because I decided that I dont need to legitimize my education and experience to anyone verbally. I need to show them and thats what I do. I wish that more ladies would, instead of telling someone they are qualified, would get out there and show them. God has set us exactly where we need to be. You may have a dream- and you may not think that you are qualified- and hey- you might not be...YET. Remember: God doesnt call the qualified, HE QUALIFIES THE CALLED. Get out there and show them that you CAN do it and that you are a daughter to the most high God! 

5) The rain isnt really that bad.
Being a Southern California girl, I was raised to believe that I would melt in too much rain. Moving to Texas, although its a drought season, there is still more rain here than I expereinced in California. Its actually peaceful. I love waking up to the pitter patter of rain. I love getting cozy in my long sleeves and scarfs and venturing out into the rain with a coffee in one hand and umbrella in the next. Too bad my office has no windows...



No comments:

Post a Comment