Image Map

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Girlfriends.

One month from today and I will be with my husband, in-laws and good friends celebrating my husbands college graduation! I cannot wait! Speaking of good friends...I spent the weekend with one of my high school best girlfriends and we haven't seen eachother in 8 years or so! It just so happened that we are 3 hours from eachother and she was able to visit me this past weekend. It was such an awesome time! She got here Saturday night and we went out to eat at "B-dubs"--it was so good! We stayed up late having "girl talk" and it was exactly what we both needed! I haven't had a day like that since college. Sunday we went on a shopping spree. I hardly ever go on shopping sprees (actually--i'm pretty sure the last time I went on a "shopping spree" was when I bought all my uniforms for work a year ago...which was exciting but not exactly a voluntary shopping spree!).

It is amazing how everyone changes and people try to hold onto friendships because they have "always been best friends" but you know what? Seasons change, people change, and that is OK! I am fortunate to have best friends who have grown up together and we are blessed to have maintained our friendship. One of the best attributes that I see in all of my close girlfriends is that they don't always talk about 'old times' or 'how it was'. Instead, our friendships and conversations are constantly evolving and we continue to support each other in everything we do.



{{Did we do good or what?!}}


Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves at all times..." The close girlfriends that I have follow this and I wouldn't trade them for the world! 


Cheers to girlfriends, girl talk, shopping, brunch, champagne and life long memories! Be that friend that everyone needs. Life is too short!


Smile,
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment