You're the God of this city
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You are.
You're the light in the darkness
You're the hope to the hopeless
You're the peace to the restless
You are.
There is no one like our God
-Chris Tomlin "Our God"
This past week has been difficult, tiresome and heartbreaking. From the Boston tragedy to the letters with Ricin to the explosion in the beloved state of Texas--it is flat out horrible.
This past week has been a week full of running. I usually run to my ipod/pandora shuffle stations and this week it seemed that every song that played while I was running was exactly what I needed to hear. I ran my heart out to worship music--best run ever. I run to think, I run to get in my zone, I run to talk to God and yet this week, the runs felt different. I was thinking of those who may be hesitant to run another race again. I was thinking of families that lost loved ones. I was thinking about men and women who were injured doing what they loved. It made me run more.
This morning I was listening to Chris Tomlin and the song "Our God". Every time I hear this song I get chills. I heard this song the first church service I went to in Houston at the church that I now call my home. It was also one of the last songs I heard at that church before I was moved to a different state for work. When listening to this song today I immediately thought of Boston. The wonderful city that I actually almost moved to (had an apartment there and everything). Such a magical city. I thought of Washington D.C. and our leaders there and the scare of the Ricin letters this week. I thought of West, Texas. I thought of the families who lost loved ones and the tragedy that happened there. I thought about the people in the world who need prayer. The people who are lost. I thought about the burden that tragedy brings on everyone. Heartbreak occurs. and life is fragile. I thought about how God has kept me strong through so many things in my life and how He has protected us all. I thought about how God is God and that's all we KNOW.
We don't know what is going to happen in 30 seconds. We don't know why people do what they do. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. We don't know WHY we don't know.
But....We do know that God will heal this world. He will heal these people. He is the Lord of our nation and His light will shine in spite of these tragedies and His grace will prevail.
He put us here for a reason. He gave us the ability to shine the light & to pray for those who are hurting & lost.
-M
And this is why I love my husband.
He texts me asking me if I'm watching the news and I reply with "ya" and before we talk about it or anything he lays it all down and prays. Man of God right there. Love him.
I love that song...it is so powerful and such a great reminder that He is NOT done with any of us and his glory will triumph over evil.
ReplyDeleteamen to that!
Delete