Image Map

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Am I still dreaming?


Ever take a moment to sit back, look at your life and think "is this for real?"....I've been doing that A LOT lately. We moved into the house that we built from the red dirt up & I can't believe I am typing this from inside the wooden planks that we wrote our family verses on before the dry wall went up. I love knowing that underneath these walls there are promises permanently written on the foundation of this home. I love that we claimed this as a CHRIST CENTERED HOME. Walking through our front door and knowing that Ephesians 3:20 is right over our heads is a physical reminder of how we got here today. Not by our "good works" because we all know we fail over and over again. Not because we have good careers. Not because of US. Not at ALL. We are here because GOD can do MORE than we can EVER ask, think or imagine. He is GOD and HE is all we need. I love knowing that the room my daughter sleeps in is in a room surrounded by Jeremiah 29:11 written on the walls. God has the perfect plan for her future. I love that Proverbs 31 is written in our room, along with 1 Corinthians 13:4-8- I strive to be THAT wife. The wife Christ wants me to be. The mom that I was destined to become. My marriage is focused around God's definition of love & the fact that we can strive towards HIS perfect love every day--knowing that we will never come close to realizing what it is but also knowing that we can try harder and harder, day after day, to love like He loves. I love this life.

Take this Sunday, sit back, think about how far God has brought you and how much farther He is about to take you. We all have stressors, hardships, failures, difficulties & regrets--but get over them. I know, I know..easier said than done...but c'mon! It is one heck of a beautiful day out, you're breathing, God is present & He is ready to take you from HERE and push you on the journey to THERE. And once you get THERE...you won't believe where the next stop may lead you.

The past few years I've made it a point to live in the moment, appreciate the NOW, become excited for the THERE and open my arms up and let God be God and let Him lead me. It sure hasn't been easy..but gosh darnit has it been worth it. Who knows, maybe you will put up your arms in full surrender, receive the promise of Ephesians 3:20....and move from the ocean to OKLAHOMA! (Yea..I wouldn't have believed it 5 years ago either if you told me that would happen to me)...but I wouldn't have this life any other way.

C'mon--take the step of faith. ;)

-Megan

{{sneak peak at the interior of our home....CANT WAIT TO POST A HOME TOUR!!!}}

1 comment:

  1. 1. Perfectly written 2. Wishing I lived on halls street 3. I love love love how much verse writing you did! 4. I so want to see more of your home!!!

    ReplyDelete