4 years. 8 moves. 3 states. 3 degrees from 3 different universities. 4 churches. 2 life groups. 3 countries. 2 dogs. 1 baby.
This is our marriage happenings in a nutshell.
You would think by now we knew how to make any place feel like "home". The truth of this matter is that WE don't make any place feel like home. the people there make it feel like home. We built a house in Oklahoma of all places and people look at us like we're crazy. We became a family here. Yes, we had Hadley here and became a [by definition] family but what i'm trying to get at is despite the craziness of the past year, we've never felt so at home than we have here and it's taken us a while to realize it.
God's really made this next season of life interesting and it hasn't even started. I'm in a huge job transition and our entire life plans went out the window a month ago when we made up our mind of what the next step in my career would be. I'm nervous but i'm at peace. I know that God has placed us in Oklahoma and that He has returned us to our home church because we are meant to be there and transform others while He transforms us.
Our life plans were convenient but God's plans are greater. Look past the convenient and look to the supernatural. Get uncomfortable. Put your faith on the line and let Him do His will.
I'm right there with you. I'm uncomfortable but I'm ready. What about you?
Over & Out,
M
Love this lady! Isn't it always just that way? God flips things over but it's five thousand times better!? Lately, we've really begun to make Oklahoma home too...we used to think we wanted to move to Dallas or Houston or even Florida. But now, we feel so established here, we love the people here and this is just home for us. Who knows what the Lord will bring but right now I'm happy to be in our home.
ReplyDelete