Image Map

Saturday, January 10, 2015

10 days in 2015....

It's only been 10 days in 2015...and I already feel like it's the longest year ever.

The past 10 days have been full of fear, pain, uncertainty and shock.

I was mentally preparing myself to have to leave my daughter and husband for more than 6 months for a last minute work assignment. Praise be to God that I already had a separation date in to leave my current career so they cancelled it this last week. True, I have no clue where I will end up in a few months but at the same token, I know that I will be here on my daughters first birthday. And that, my friends, is all the assurance I need to know that I made the right decision. I love the quote "It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are." I value my family over a pay check and status. Done deal.


I had mouth surgery this past Tuesday and it's been rough. Then this morning, I wake up to find out that my Godmother- who I talk to every week and love so much- is in the hospital after suffering through not eating, drinking and 3 strokes. We talk every weekend, I never thought last Friday night when we talked and I was multitasking while giving Hadley a bath, might be the last time that I would ever hear her voice. But while on that phone call, I remembered we both laughed. Hadley lights up Aung Gregg's life and I hope that we can make it out to see her soon.

It's been a challenge. Despite the pain and heartache I've been facing every day this year, I know there's hope. There's hope because God has the final say. There's hope because at the end of the day, when I'm emotionally beat up, He gives me the strength to hold my head up and smile at the blessings He has given me.

You know, this blog is called Nothing Better Than A Smile, and that's so true right now. I  can smile because He's got my back. He has my family's back and He has my Godmother in the palm of His hands. He knows what He's doing. Have faith, in every situation, and Let God be God.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment