Let me just start off by saying that this verse was EXACTLY what I needed--almost to the point where it felt like a blow in the stomach. Why? Because I'm a planner. I plan making plans (not really.....ok maybe). I am queen of checklists and at least I admit it. Well--sometimes (see: most of the time) my plans don't unfold exactly how I expect. But you know what? They end up BETTER than I intentionally planned and I owe it all to The Big Man Upstairs!
Something that Travis & I have been praying and praying and praying about seemed to be a very very close reality but apparently not as close as we thought. Some things I guess you just cant plan for (*sound effects of a car coming to a screeching HALT!*). So this week felt like I was a planning machine--because I was. I planned so much that I wanted to spend today organizing my thoughts/plans. As I am typing this, I'm beginning to realize how ridiculous that sounds.
This verse really made me realize how crazy I am for planning all these things that ultimately God has control of. Sure, I need to think about reality and get things going on my end but if God wants it to happen, it will happen. If God doesn't want it to happen, something better will happen. I know this. I've experienced this. but why is being patient so difficult?! Simple answer: We are human. He is God. Let God be God.
Total side note: How much do you LOVE technology? I'm 1000+ miles away from my husband and will be for a lot longer (2 weeks down, 10 to go!) and FaceTime is the best.thing.ever. So thankful that I get to see him while I am away.
{{Our Saturday Date}}
{{Hook 'em!---I trained him well ;) }}
Hope you all had a great St. Pattys day!


No comments:
Post a Comment