Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Road trip.

I am finally at my destination--where I will be spending the next 2 1/2 months without my amazing husband. I will be training for work so it will keep me busy but gosh, do I already miss my man!

{{and I miss this little guy a lot! This photo was taken while I was attempting to pack...}}

We had such an amazing time driving up here and he is currently en route back to our home by way of plane. We spent a night in St. Louis and went to the Anheusar Busch Brewery. Our hotel room window was right outside the Arch and we took some fun photos. The next morning we woke up bright and early and drove through Illinois and we ended up needing to get gas in the MIDDLE OF NO WHERE! We had some fun listening to music and enjoying the scenery...because lets be real, being from Orange County, CA, this stuff is still unreal to us! haha I loved the farm land and I am obsessed with the red barns--I love them! 


{{A few photos of us in St Louis. Top L-R: Travis freezing as he was filling our car with gas, the view from our hotel room and a Clydesdale at the Brewery. Bottom L: Taken while we were freezing somewhere and Bottom R: Getting in the car about to leave St. Louis and get to Indy}}

When we got into Indiana we were so excited---thinking, we're ALMOST to Indy...but gosh, it felt like it was taking forever! We drove into Indy and immediately, I fell in love with the city. We stayed in the heart of downtown, walked around the micro-breweries, went to the mall, saw the monuments, and just enjoyed our time together. I really would love to go back to Indy..it truly is a hidden gem of a city. 

{{Top L: View from our hotel room. Top R & Bottom R: The Colts Grill. Bottom L: Eating at the Colts grill. Our last dinner together for a little while.}}


Then we started on the drive Monday.....a bittersweet couple hour drive. Where we're trying to enjoy every last minute we have together before I took him to the airport. BOO! 

The distance never makes it easier but it really makes us realize how blessed we are. We are blessed to be in such a great marriage where distance is just an obstacle that we overcome, where phone calls mean so much and where we count down the days until we see each other again. I can't help but smile when I think about how blessed I am to miss someone so much! How blessed I am to have parents that I miss, friends that I miss, neighbors that I miss and last (but definitely not least) to have dogs that I miss. Life is too short to spend an hour upset at someone and give them the silent treatment, life is too short to be annoyed by someone and life is too short to not hug your loved ones as much as you can. As much as I hate being away from my loved ones, I am blessed to have them and God really works miracles no matter what the circumstances. 











No comments:

Post a Comment