Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A morning I will never forget...

Here's a post that I originally wrote on July 29, 2012. 

Well...it's been 18 days since we found out the best news EVER!!! Let's rewind to 19 days ago....my husband had 3 or 4 job interviews and was stressed. He couldn't understand how he worked so hard and just couldn't seem to get a snag at a "dream job". But i love how God works in crazy ways because GOD got him his DREAM JOB! An entire 7 weeks after interviewing with this company--they sent him an e-mail basically saying 'You're hired!' and we were so excited. And shocked...can't leave out the shock. I look back on it and am asking myself "why the heck were you shocked!?!?! you serve an AMAZING God. A God that wants good. A God that has the perfect plan. A God that KNOWS what He created you for!" We went to bed happy and excited and forever thankful that God showed travis his dream.

That next morning...around 5:45AM...I (half asleep) walked into the bathroom to try to wake up and decided to take a test and see what happens! I've taken a couple before and got the 'Not Pregnant' message so I did what I had to do and set it down and went on with my morning routine....right as I was about to walk out of the bathroom I decided to check the test (pretty much expecting to pick it up and throw it away after seeing the dreaded Not word) and picked it up and saw an empty space where it usually says 'Not'. My mouth dropped! I was thinking "OH MY GOSH!!!!" but all I could do was open the bathroom door and yell to my husband (still sleeping) "BABE COME HERE RIGHT NOW!" He immediately jumped out of bed and goes 'where is the spider?!?!' (Guess I tend to have him crush spiders in the wee hours of the morning.....) I showed him the amazing 'Pregnant' word and he just looked at me and walked right back to bed. Geeze...thanks T!

I walked over to the bed and saw him tearing up and we gave eachother a huge hug and then I started getting ready for work. Still amazed & in shock! haha

Travis kept running upstairs as I was getting ready to read if it still said 'Pregnant' on the test...sure enough it did! HAHA...silly guy. ;)


{{This picture was taken around 6AM the morning we found out. 
We sent it to our parents that night.}}

And then....20 minutes later we headed off to work. EXCITED & BLESSED & nervous....

God works in crazy ways. He knew He was going to show Travis his dream job and then 12 hours later show us that a baby is on the way. God always has the perfect plan and I couldn't imagine life any other way. God's way is the only way I want to live it and I am continually thankful for His miracles and grace--because we all know I don't deserve any of this amazing life I have but because of His grace I am saved! :)

...and here I am at 6 weeks pregnant and 2 days away from my first appointment and I can't stop thinking about this little life we're growing. I am so excited and GOD IS SO GOOD!

Smiling and so anxious to post this in my second trimester!
-M


1 comment: