Image Map

Monday, September 23, 2013

Blogtember: Life Lately


I'm really excited to be joining in on Blogtember and especially this post. I'm going to start with life currently then move on to life lately. 

Currently I am sitting on the chase with a sleeping dachshund next to me (awww!), my husband is sitting on the couch reading a pregnancy book (telling me that our baby is the size of an orange and trying to figure out why I have no belly if there's an orange in there! His direct quote "Babe..if I swallowed an orange, you could tell! So why can't I tell there's an orange size baby in your belly!" Well hun...I didn't swallow and orange so there! ha! 

Lately, life has been pretty dang awesome and full of surprises and convictions that I never thought I would have (in a good way). As I have mentioned here, we finally are telling people that we are expecting an amazing miracle and I couldn't be more excited. We appreciate everyones congratulations and continuing prayers--it's true that it takes a village to raise a child and that's already been evident in the past 14 weeks that I've been expecting. Surprises...well..my parents are moving to not only the same state that we live in but the same city! This is exciting for us, as we've been 2,000+ miles apart since 2010. It will be nice to spend holiday's together again and to see each other on a more routine basis. Convictions? Well...let me start this part out by showing a verse that stuck out to me this morning while doing my quiet time. 

I've been tossing around the idea of what I'm going to do with work in a year and a half and honestly, it's been stressing me out. It's as if every.single.move I make will either ruin my career or keep me the same (it almost feels as if no matter what..it's either two steps forward and once step back, or one step forward and two steps back). I was reading this today thinking--you know what? what does it matter if I think about this now and try to plan out this career/my next career? A lot can happen in a year and a half (shoot--the world could even be gone for all that we know! haha) and right now, at this moment, I am here. God wants me here. I am fortunate to be where God wants me to be. I am the most blessed person for being given the ability to fulfill His plan for me. Who am I to plan it all out? So, lately, I've been living moment by moment. Excited for the future. Blessed for the present and ready for whatever may come my way! 

Be encouraged! God has incredible plans for us, strong women of God who choose to serve and obey Him! All we can do is live in the moment and enjoy what He is doing for us right now! So, life lately...living in the moment and it's awesome! 

Over & out,
-M



2 comments: