Image Map

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Expect greatness but don't expect it to be easy.

"Could we live like Your grace is stronger than all our faults and failures? Could we live like your love is deeper than our hearts can fathom? Could we live like this? Could we live like your name is higher than every other power? Could we live like your ways are wiser than our understanding? Could we live like this?"

We're entering the last week of 2013. A year that has brought so much into perspective for us. I can't wait to join the link up on the 27th "Dear 2013", it's going to be pretty awesome sitting down and reflecting on the past 365 days and all the change that has came with it and new lessons learned. Get ready.

Anyways, I woke up singing this song in my head and it dawned on me--I will definitely be using this as my New Years "kick off". Our God is All He says He is. I want to live like His grace is stronger than anything (because it is). I want to live like His ways are better than anything this control freak comes up with (because it's the truth).  No more resolutions. I don't do those. I'm more about life changes, not short term goals. If I'm doing or vowing to do something that drastically changes the outcome of my year then shoot, it's not just good enough for a yearly resolution but more like a life time change. 

I don't know about you but I know for me that this song resonates in my core and getting it from the core to the outside is something that doesn't necessarily come easy but comes easier by habit. I don't want to live for my goals and I definitely don't want to live for the goals other people may have for me. I want to live according to God's plan for me and watch His plan unfold and change lives of others through my obedience! I have no idea what 2014 has in store for us but I do know that if I keep this in my core, if I reflect upon it daily, if I remember that i am living "differently" than the majority and that I will get treated differently than the majority. I am comforted to know that it's the minority that follow this that bring change to the majority (the World) and I can already tell you that 2014 will be a year for the books. Expect greatness but don't expect it to be easy. 

So yes, my thoughts as we close 2013 and begin 2014 and why you wont see a New Year's resolution list from me.

 Shout out to Matt Redman for this song this morning!!


No comments:

Post a Comment