Yes, it may be 6AM on Monday morning and I may be sitting here in my work clothes frantically eating a bowl of cereal (Kashi Go Lean Blueberry Clusters...yum!) but I had to get these thoughts written (errr...typed) down before I left for work this morning--prego brain, it's for real.
Church this weekend was LIFE CHANGING y'all. Are you ever sitting there and think 'wow...this is exactly what I needed to hear!'? Well, that was me, yesterday.
Have you ever had a huge idea--something that scared you? something that (yes, i'm about to say that dreaded word..) stressed you out every time you thought about it? Something that, when you told others about it, they looked at you and judged you? No, never, ok then guess you're not dreaming big enough!
I have a few people in my life that, honestly, just don't get me. They think it's their way or the highway and that is that. I love them but at times, just cant stand them. Then I tell them something I'm about to embark upon, they don't think I can do it, then I do it and LOVE telling them that MY GOD is greater than all the negativity they pushed my way and that nothing, nothing at all, is impossible with Him.
The past few months Travis & I have realized another dream that we are going to strive for. It's been tough, it's been stressful and it's been a topic of conversation at least once per day--because i'm a planner & the one thing that definitely doesn't go with God dreams is planning. Our pastor made it so clear to us and things made so much sense yesterday, "God will introduce a purpose to you that is so different than you plans!". We love change because we see His purpose showing up and interrupting our (small) plans. So many times during our marriage have we seen God's purpose introduced to us and we FREAK out a bit until we take a step back and look at the big picture and say, "wow...God, you are awesome."
The past 5 years I haven't paid attention to others negative thinking or to others "plans" for our life. What I've done is tell them a little bit of what we're doing (they don't need to know every detail...we aren't supposed to share our God given dreams/goals with everyone..it's something between us and God!) and has my life been so different since I latched full force onto His plan for us and His will and left the thoughts and opinions of others behind.
So, to wrap up this 6AM rambling: anticipate change. anticipate God's purpose interrupting your little human mind driven plans and be ready to take the step towards Him. Don't let others small thinking influence your decision to obey what He has called you to do. "Outcome is God's responsibility, obedience is yours!" Do what He is calling us to do. Let God take care of the rest. After all, no person can dream up what He dreams up for us, no person can achieve what He can achieve...so why stress out about outcome? Clearly, He's given you the goal so work your butt off, do everything you can, jump in into the deep end and swim swim swim, until you reach the end of your obedience trail...then, put your hands up, tell God you've done everything you can, and let Him take you to the finish line. He will get you to the most perfect outcome. Just obey.
A couple of photos from this weekend: snow, Bedlam game (from my heated home...you guys that sat in the single digit/ negative wind chill weather are crazy!) and more snow.




No comments:
Post a Comment