Image Map

Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Saturday Bump: 26 Weeks


How far along?
26 weeks, 1 days

Total weight gain:
Oh gosh, let's just say I was in a state of SHOCK at my doctors appointment yesterday when they told me how much weight I have gained so far. I thought it would have been around the 15 pound mark..nope. We're up 21 pounds. Ay yi yi. However, the doctor reassured me that I was 10 pounds underweight pre-pregnancy so I guess I can say I'm still doing good. The doctor said I could gain 15-20 pounds MORE and still be perfectly fine. it just terrifies me. 

Size of baby:
Cucumber (15 in, 2.2 lbs)

Maternity Clothes:
I wish Victoria's Secret PINK sweats didn't cost about $100 dollars for a set. Because, man oh man, would I love to rock those for the next few months. We went out and tried to buy maternity jeans last night (because the 1 pair of gap ones that I own are pretty uncomfortable). The joys of being 5' 9 12"...no maternity jeans are long on me...except for the $200+ Hudsons or Joes. I spend that much on my normal jeans but I just cant get myself to buy a pair of maternity jeans for that price. So, I'm going to be rocking sweat pants on our dates this holiday season LOL 

Gender:
Baby Girl. 

Movement:
So much. It's awesome. Actually, during our ultrasound this week she was kicking back at the tech... it was pretty entertaining. 

Sleep:
I'm tired but I sleep about 6-7 hours a night...

What I miss:
I'm so happy to be pregnant and to be growing this beautiful life but I did get to a point this morning where I missed wearing my "normal" jeans and flip flops. I'm not a winter person at all. 

Cravings/Aversions:
Cookies. Cookies. Cookies. Good thing I passed my glucose test ;) 

Other symptoms:
Hips are starting to hurt . 

Big moment(s) this week:
1) Saw our little beauty on a 3d ultrasound. Fell more in love with her...but honestly, those ultrasounds are creepy. 
2) Booked out the rest of my prenatal appointments until her due date...holy cow!
3) Got my baby shower invitations and am sending those out--can't wait!
4) Decided that I'm going to try breastfeeding and see what happens. This is actually a HUGE moment because I was really going back and forth between it so I'm glad that my husband helped me make a decision and is very supportive. He's the best. 

We are off to church and to go see Christmas lights all set up! Have a wonderful evening everyone! 

 {{check her out! Hand on forehead and a nice big yawn!}}


No comments:

Post a Comment