All my life I have seen where you've taken me
Beyond all I have hoped and there's more left unseen
There's not much I can do to repay all you've done so I give my hands to use
-Jeremy Camp
No matter where you are..we can be used to do something great!
I have been wondering when I am going to feel useful. Right now, its the point in my life, where I feel that I should be doing MORE. I sit at home looking up missions around the world, traveling abroad opportunities and adventurous careers because I feel that I am useless! Until today, I just felt that I was an ordinary graduate student pushing through all the books and papers so I can get my Master's degree...just in time to wonder why I even got it in the first place. But today, today things made a little more sense.
And here it goes...
We are useful! We are not useless! God gave us two hands to get work done! He didn't create us for nothing! Every day I walk out of my door with a smile on my face and an open heart..I am doing something. I am giving God the opportunity to work through me and to be a light. I am being used..I am being used to help people, to spread His joy and to enjoy what He has given me.
Sometimes we just want to sit and sulk because we feel completely useless...well HELLO how are we going to be used if we are too busy attending our own pity party? God has gotten us to where we are today..and we wouldn't be here if there weren't a reason WHY He NEEDS us HERE!
Think about it...God isn't going to give you an opportunity somewhere if there isn't a reason for you to be there in the first place. Sure, you can take the wrong opportunity and leave the right one wide open for someone else to take...but thats the price we pay for having free will.
Either way..if we take the wrong opportunity, i'm sure we will learn something from it. I have taken the wrong opportunities before, and have jumped to something when I should have been waiting for the right one to come along..but either way, I learned from the wrong decision and I have gotten exactly where I need to be...for right now at least...lets see where God puts me in a couple years..I CANT WAIT!
The awesome thing about being engaged to a strong man of God is the constant encouragement I get. The best thing is being able to pick up the phone and listen to Travis tell me about the gifts God has given me and how I need to make sure I use ever single one because when we get to Heaven God is going to ask us how we used what he gave us. This FIRES ME UP!
God has given me great gifts, He has given Travis amazing gifts, He has given us all great gifts! What are we doing wasting them! Who cares if we have to leave the ordinary, who cares if we have to look like a complete crazy person sometimes, who cares if we step into a situation with nothing guiding us but faith..WHO CARES! God wants to see you utilize your gifts and talents..He doesn't want you to be embarrassed or scared about using what He has given you!
WE ARE ALWAYS USEFUL! make the most of it! and be a light in this dark world!
You want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind
You want to be set free today then lay it all down before the King
No comments:
Post a Comment