"There is NO ONE like our God. You're the Light in this darkness. You're the Hope in the hopeless. You're the Peace to the restless."
I LOVE SUNDAYS!
Some people love Thursday nights...some love Saturdays..well I LOVE Sundays. Every Sunday, no matter how stressed out I was the night or week before...feels like a perfect morning. I look forward to going to church every single weekend. I know nobody, but when Im there I feel like family.
I know that every day is a NEW day..but Sunday's remind me that every minute is a new minute! We do not have to let the previous minute dictate how the rest of our minutes are going to be that day, week, month, year, decade, etc. We have been given the ability to STOP. REGROUP. and GO THE OTHER WAY. MAKE EVERY MINUTE A NEW MINUTE..because it is!
Last week at church there was a woman sitting next to me who was in tears the entire service..she went up to the front to receive prayer and came to sit back down..still crying her eyes out. The lady that prayed with her passed a piece of paper back a few rows and I assumed it was going to the woman next to me so I handed it to her..she opened the letter and it was a check from a complete stranger for an amount of money! GOD WORKED THROUGH THE PRAYER LADY and helped this woman out. The woman next to me started crying at an uncontrollable level...she was so happy!!! The pastor was praying and I really had no idea what to do...so I just put my hand on her shoulder...I wasn't sure why I did this but for some reason I just did it. She looked at me and her eyes opened up SO WIDE that I just started smiling and I felt her joy! After the prayer, she gave me a hug and just showed me the check and started crying again..I hugged her and said "GOD IS GREAT!" Last Sunday was a NEW day for that woman...GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS!
You never know when God is going to answer your prayers. He says that from the SECOND you release your prayer to him..He works on it. God answers it...it may just take time to get to you..or its answered in some way that you do not expect!
I used to be so nervous about stepping out of the ordinary. I was so scared to leave family, my fiance and my friends to go 2000 miles away to Texas...but I have found so many answered prayers in this city...prayers that I prayed YEARS ago. If I would have never taken the leap of faith and moved here, I would still be searching for these answered prayers!
Stop dwelling on bad situations, unanswered prayers, or uncontrollable circumstances...today is a NEW DAY! Open up your eyes...look at the beautiful view out your window..check out what God has given YOU! He didn't put one 'bad situation' in your week so you could ignore all the good ones...He gave you that 'bad situation' to see how you turn to HIM in times of trial. Theres no such thing as an unanswered prayer, God answers every prayer. There are going to be THOUSANDS of uncontrollable circumstances you face...the awesome thing is that with God..everything IS controllable! He has it covered..let Him do His work..because after all, He lets you do yours (and then helps us when we can't do it on our own) :)
"Greater things have yet to come..Greater things are still to be done in this city....WE BELIEVE"
No comments:
Post a Comment