Image Map

Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 3: Getting uncomfortable


Day 3: Things that make you uncomfortable


I would say spiders--but then, yesterday, I held a Tarantula exoskeleton. So that one is out.

I would say distance--but, I've been away from home for more than 2 months and we're doing A-OK. So scratch that.

How about.....doing anything out of the norm? Going against what people tell me "is impossible". Sure, I guess that kinda makes me uncomfortable. 


That is...until I discovered all the crazy awesomness that God does in my life when I am uncomfortable. I think he puts us in situations to see if we are going to take the leap of faith. Just like how Jesus was standing on water and He asked Peter to come out of the boat. Peter's friends look at him like he was a freaking lunatic but Peter didn't care. He knew that if he got out of the boat, kept his faith up and walked towards where God was telling him to go, that he could do it. And what do you know--he did. You have to get out of the boat to walk on water. You have to get out of your comfort zone to make statements and to realize your potential. 


I look back on times in my life where I KNOW, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that God was calling me towards something but people were telling me not to do it. I KNOW, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that where I am today--is the result of me getting uncomfortable before people, looking up to God and literally saying "Lord, I'm about to do this. Please back me up."  And He did. every.single.time. Maybe not right away because He wanted to see how I reacted and how I worked in defending my actions but He showed up. and it was always at the right time. 


So I guess the short answer is: I like when things get uncomfortable. That means I'm hopefully doing something extraordinary. 




But--time for some randoms--these must be some other uncomfortable situations. I wouldn't know--because these NEVER happen to me. 


-Seeing guys with too short of shorts on. 
-Having below 1/4 tank of gas. Like I said...this never happens to me...ever. I'm a firm believer in "your tank is on empty when it's 1/4 full." IDK..blame it on my crazy mother. 
-Not eating dessert every day. Refer to statement above. Life is too short to NOT have dessert EVERY SINGLE day.
-Awkward silence. I am usually THAT person that breaks the awkward silence. Shoot--I may even make it more awkward but at least it isn't silent!


OK. AUDIOS! 
-M



No comments:

Post a Comment