Day 4: Favorite Quote
This is a tough one for me. I have so may "favorites" that it is difficult to pick just one.
With that being said, I saw this on pinterest this morning and I think it can sum up many of my "favorite quotes". I use the term "quotes" loosely because it's more of the way that I have tried to live my life. Everything that would qualify as my "favorite quote" have to do with sitting back and letting God take over. I have experienced how He works when I would sit back and let go of my need for control and let him do the work. One of the biggest, if not the MOST life changing decision, took place when I sat back and (as difficult as it was) lifted up my hands and said "Here God--I know you have it covered." And wow--did He ever! He took my worries, He looked at me giving up (what I thought was) control and He did what He does best--pushed me towards where He planned for me to be and I couldn't have imagined anything any more perfect!
In today's world--we have so many things that we feel like we have to do and always seem to think that we don't have enough time to do it. We worry about trivial things. We think if we can't control something that the.world.is.over. Maybe you have NEVER dealt with any of these issues before--if that's the case--holy cow give me your secret?
Whenever I find myself worrying, stressing out or getting frustrated about something I have to bring myself back to peace and remind myself that God can take care of it. Once I genuinely give it up to Him and relax and just do the best that I can do, I watch Him do the rest. Him doing the rest is always infinitely better than what I could have done on my own.
Happy Saturday everyone!
It's my LAST weekend away from my husband and I cannot wait to get home next weekend! 2 1/2 months is a LONG TIME away!
But I love my career. I love living out God's plans for me.
Smile,
<3 Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment