Yes, I am aware that I am VERY early on this whole 4th of July business..but hey, I will be in training and wont return to our new {{fabulous}} home until a few days before my
FAVORITE HOLIDAY EVER! I have always
loved the "fourth". Growing up in CA, the fourth never disappointed. The must have item for every fourth: a beach cruiser, reggae music, a cute bikini and short ripped jean shorts. Yes. Moving to Texas, I experienced a whole new world on the fourth. No beach cruisers {{worth mentioning}}, no cute bikini's, and definitely, no short ripped jean shorts. They do the fourth totally different here. The 4th of July in Texas is all about: BBQ, Shiner Bock, and
country weird music. Now, we are moving to Oklahoma and have no idea what to expect. With it being our first fourth of July in OUR house {{ahh love saying those words!}}, we are going to throw a party. Yes, we are aware that we know hardly anyone. However, my hubby will be there for a whole 5 weeks without me and, being the social man that he is, I have a feeling that will change. Anyways, so far I have 2 friends and my parents going- 6 people makes a crowd right? Plus- this years 4th of July will celebrate my completion of 5 weeks of training, life in a new town, a new lifestyle, and most importantly, our extreme devotion to this amazing country we can call home- The USA!!!
Well...here is my Fourth of July Pinterest inspiration. Now, I have less than 1 week to make a list of everything I need in hopes of coming home a few days before July 4th and just enough time to put the party together! Think my hubby can manage the shopping list while I am away? ;)
1. Front door MUST HAVES
2. Really, a party is all about the fun food. These are simple enough for me to throw together and are super fun.
3. I always go right for the sweets.
4. Whats a good grillin' time without some Sangria?
So there ya have it. My idea of this years 4th of July. I cannot WAIT!!!!!
That fruit flag platter is adorable and looks delicious!
ReplyDelete