Image Map

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Overdue Report of the OC, CA Trip

WARNING: WAY TOO MANY PHOTOS IN THIS POST. 

A few weeks ago I took my friend Ro to Orange County, CA- my hometown. Before we left for CA, I explained to Ro that there were only a handful of things that we back in this great city. 1) Eat. 2) Go to the beach. 3) Run. 4) Disneyland. 5) Sleep.  So..we did just that ((except for Disneyland..been there, done that many season passes ago.))

Day 1: After landing, we met up with my Dad and went to Bear Flag Fish Co. in Newport Beach to have some good 'ol California fish tacos {{I will only eat these when I am back home- I am biased..what can I say!}} I love this restaurant. You walk in and its like a fish market- you pick out whatever fish you want in your tacos and they cut a slab off from a large piece in the butcher block and grill it right there for ya.



{{Ro's Ahi Poke Salad}}

{{We had tacos ranging from Halibut, Ahi, and Salmon}}

Then..it was off to Balboa Island to have one of my favorite treats- Chocolate Covered Banana with rainbow sprinkles. :)


{{Ro's first time!}}

{{Showing her where I would wake up every morning bright and early and row!}}

We met up with my good friend Danielle and headed to the Angels game!


With a 2 hour time change...we were ZONKED and ready for sleep!

Day 2: Instead of disneyland, we went to Temecula and went wine tasting! It was so fun and I love my friends!

{{First stop. Wilson Creek.}}



{{Their famous Almond Champagne.}}



{{Me & Ro}}

{{Off to Ponte.}}

{{In the barrel room!}}


{{South Coast Winery}}


{{D & L At Thorton Winery- being random. Check out the view!}}

{{Love.my.friends.}}

Day 3: Started off with breakfast at my FAVORITE breakfast spot of all time- The Beachcomber. I ordered my ultimate FAVORITE- coconut macadamia nut pancakes :) Ro had lemon blueberry ricotta pancakes. Then, I took Ro to my old hangout- Huntington Beach and then my dad met up with us and we went to the place that stuffed my belly 7 days a week every summer until I went to college- Pedros Tacos! Oh, how I missed you rolled tacos with guacamole and fried chicken tacos. Then, my dad and I showed her one of our favorite hang outs- the scoop deck at the Dana Point Harbor!  Too bad the weather was gloomy! The day ended with a BBQ at my in-laws with my parents, family and friends :) 
{{View from our table at breakfast.}}

{{After breakfast.}}

{{Pedros.}}


{{HB Pier.}}



{{Dana Point}}
Day 4: Breakfast with my father-in-law at the Portola Coffee Lab. Seriously, if you're in OC, go check this place out. As a science NERD, I loved it. They wear lab coats, use titration techniques, siphons, etc. The coffee is SO good! Then we headed to Kristina & my brother's baby shower which was very cute! The night ended with dinner by the bay at Villa Nova. 


{{We saw the google maps car on the freeway!}}

The trip to CA was great. Isn't it so true that God puts you where He needs you for a specific season in your life? I was thinking back and wondering why I dont really miss where I spent over 20 years of my life. The answer: I see the purpose God has given me ever since I moved and I know that His plans are greater than anything I could ever imagine. He allowed me to spend years in CA for many reasons and when those reasons came to realization, it was time for me to go somewhere else. Now that my time in TX is ending, I look back on these years and am overwhelmed with how great our God is! Keep holding onto Him, keep your eye on the prize and keep on keepin' on! God has you exactly where He needs you and He has given you all the tools you need to make His plan become known! Never give up, never give in, and never forget why you are here. You are amazing, God has given you so many talents and He wants you to use every ounce of that talent. 

Have a blessed night! I have TONS of photos to share about my parents (last) trip to Texas and will put those up sometime in the next week!


{{Plane boredom. Yes, those are pipe cleaner snails.}}




No comments:

Post a Comment