This isn't a post to say "wahhhhh" or "woe is me". It's a post to show the awesome timing of God. I woke up on Tuesday, exhausted (mentally, physically and emotionally) and this verse of the day showed up on my YouVersion Bible App
Matthew 5:3 (MSG): "You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. WIth less of you there is more of God and his rule."
AMEN TO THAT! I am a type A personality. I like plans. I like organization. I like things being accomplished the way my many post it notes and checklists dictate. When unexpected things happen it's my first instinct to freak out and feel overwhelmed. My bad.
God shows up when we turn things over to Him. It shouldn't take me being overwhelmed and "at the end of my rope" to prove there is less of me and that I need more of Him. EVERY.SINGLE.SECOND I need less of me and more of Him. This is a life lesson that I learned this week.
I love how His word always shows up at the perfect time. I am thankful that He is always present and that He is always ready to step in. The problem is our human tendency to want to get everything done and I think God looks down on us, kind of like a parent tapping their foot with their hand on their hip and their eyebrows raised thinking 'are you done yet? are you ready to admit that you need MY help?' He knows He's God. He knows that He's here for us. He knows that He can solve any thing we may need help with. But He waits for us to recognize that because He wants us to KNOW and to ACT.
Thank you Lord, for always being there and for leading us to where we need to be.
Off to keep prepping for this Holiday party. Hoping that the weather doesn't get worse. I am a scared-y cat of driving in the ice. Keep safe out there all you Oklahoma peeps!
{Can't wait to see this smile again.}
{Married for 40ish years. Love them.}
Trusting in Him trying to make this less about me!
-M


No comments:
Post a Comment