Image Map

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

It's Wednesday!!

Most people hate Wednesdays....but I love them. I love that it's the peak of the work weak...that we only have 2 (ok...technically 3 at this point) days left until the weekend. I also love the determination and energy that comes from knowing it's almost the weekend. My husband is out of town all weekend and boy do I miss him! Well..here I am on this lovely (freezing) Wednesday morning, eating cinnamon toast eggo waffles (gourmet meal for the win), listening to 'Should've been me' by Citizen Way (if you haven't heard it...listen to it. honestly, it will change your life), watching my two dogs chew away at their doggie bones and getting ready for a busy day at work. I'm ready. Every day is an opportunity to share God's grace and His love with others.

The verse of the day today was 1 John 4:20-21 where it states "...The command we have from Christ is blunt: Loving God includes loving people. You've got to love both." Be encouraged today. Know that wherever you are on this busy, exhausting Wednesday that God put you there for 2 reasons: to love Him and to love His people. It's so easy to get caught up in conversations of this world and get annoyed with people or think that you can do a better job than them at a project, etc. when we are called to be the total opposite. We are at our jobs, at our schools, out on the town encountering lives that we have the opportunity to change by a simple helping hand, by praying for them, by encouraging them, by loving on them and showing them that because Christ forgives us and helps us that we are also here to help others. 

Love God. Love People. It's that simple. 

{{Flashback to one of the best days of my life. April 2010. Yes, the tears were flowing haha}}




2 comments:

  1. this is wonderfully written, thank you for encouraging my heart!

    ps: I don't why I've never noticed before...you lived in htown??? That's where I grew up! You, me, Holly...blog date ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) and yes we lived in h town for a couple of years while I was in graduate school and travis was finishing up school at UH. we miss houston so much!!!! haah and yes...we all need to get together!

      Delete