Image Map

Monday, February 25, 2013

101 in 1001


{{We are faith filled, big thinking, bet the farm risk takers. We'll never
insult God with small thinking & safe living. A mission of Lifechurch.tv :) }}

I have seen this 101 in 1001 floating around the blog and pinterest world and have been thinking about it for a few months. The problem I have with it is....the need for planning interfering with the surprises that God throws at us. So, I will try to put aside my super competitive nature and my need for control (i.e.: control freak side) and say...this list is just a small portion of the excitement that God has planned for the next 1001 days. Sure, there are going to be many unheard of and unimaginable circumstances that we get to experience that I wont even be able to write on paper today. When those things happen, I'll just have to add it to the list ;)

Also, I have been compiling this list since January 2013 so some things have already been accomplished! It took me a little bit to get the rest of the goals figured out. 101 seems like such a small number in the grand scheme of things....life according to me, I would love to document 1001 in 1001--so we'll see how this list changes/grows as the days go on. 


Start Date:  January 10, 2013
Deadline:    October 8, 2015

So....A lot of these I have "bleeped" out because frankly, I don't have to share my dreams with everyone and I shouldn't! When these dreams come into realization and God makes them happen, then I will share the whole story. So until then...here is the abbreviated version ;)

Family Goals
1. **********
2. **********
2. **********
3. Visit Grandma and Grandpa in Vancouver, WA.
4. **********
5. **********
6. **********
7. Take professional photos in 2013
8. Take professional photos in 2014
9. Help my dad find a new house to move into. 

Exploring the world
10. Go to Europe
11. Go to Scottsdale, AZ
12. Go back to Palm Desert, CA
13. Take a photo by the St. Louis Arch
14. Tour the breweries in Indianapolis
15. Go to Seattle, WA
16. Go to New York City
17. Go to the Hamptons, NY
18. Go to Santa Fe, NM
19. Go to Nashville, TN
20. Go to the Bahamas Accomplished: January 2013
21. Go to Walt Disney World in Florida
22. Go to Chicago, IL. 

Career Goals
23. Win 3 awards.  1st one: ********** January 2013. 
24. Promote
25. **********
26. Complete 50 credits of continuing education by 2014
83. Attend a professional convention

Sharing the Good News 
27. Start up a Bible Study
28. Donate clothes I no longer wear to Good Will
29. Start volunteering with the youth ministry at church 

Entertainment
30. Ride in a horse drawn carriage.
31. Go to a concert.
32. Snorkel in paradise Accomplished in the Bahamas January 2013
33. Buy a 50 or 60inch TV.
34. Go to a show in New York. 

Home
35. Decorate the upstairs walls.
36. Decorate our master bedroom. 
37. Make a gallery wall.
38. Make a coffee bar. Accomplished January 2013. 
39. Host Christmas at our house one year.
40. Host Thanksgiving at our house one year. 
96. Make a garden in front of the house.
97. Make a sign for the garden w/ places we've lived. 

Physical
41. Train for a half marathon
42. Run a half marathon
43. Increase number of pushups in 1 minute to 35
44. Do 40 pushups in 1 minute
45. Do 45 pushups in 1 minute
46. Increase number of sit-ups in 1 minute to 55
47. Increase number of sit-ups in 1 minute to 60
48. Increase number of sit-ups in 1 minute to 65
49. **********


Personal
50. Blog at least once a week- give weekly updates
51. Pay $********** off student loans
52. Pay $********** off student loans
53. Pay $********** off student loans
54. Begin retirement investing Started January 2013
55. Blog about everything on this list 
56. **********
57. Journal/blog about 3 changes made around the house. 
98. Publish my thesis into a peer-reviewed journal. 

Dating my hot husband
58. Go on a coffee date at a new place we've never been to
59. Hike with our dog
60. Date night at the art museum--again. :)
61. Go to an Imax movie.
62. Sit on the balcony seats at the movies.
63. Go line dancing.
64. Take ballroom dancing classes.
65. Go on a star watching/picnic date.
66. Go to an AF Ball.
67. Send him surprise letters while I am away.
68. Go back to the winery Travis and I went to the day we got engaged
69. Go on a getaway for our 3rd wedding anniversary. 
70. Go on a getaway for our 4th wedding anniversary. 

Reading
71. Read 10 books on the AF reading list. 
72. Read Weird by Craig Groeschel. 
73. Read the Bible all the way through. 
74. Wake up at least 2 mornings/week for a month early to spend quiet time reading devotional. 
75. Ready 10 books off the classic novels list. 

Others: 
76.  Take a cooking class.
77.  Have a snow day and enjoy hot chocolate while watching the snow come down. 
78.  Fast for 48 hours, 3 times. Blog results. 
79.  Buy 5 new pairs of shoes. (This may sound weird..but I really don't own any shoes   besides flip flops, uggs, running shoes and work boots)
80. Cook a lobster dinner one night. 
81. Go to a Tim Hortons. 
82. Coupon for at least 1 month. 
84. Do 10 Pinterest-inspired projects and blog about them. 
85. Be part of a progressive dinner. 
86. Organize my closet. 
87. Move the office downstairs and make it a convenient, organized, cute site to see. 
88. Participate in habitat for humanity. 
89. Go to a Christmas wonderland lights-tour complete with hot chocolate. 
90. Photo capture an entire week's worth of activities. 
91. Photo capture an entire month's worth of activities. 
92. Get my Master's degree framed. 
93. Get my board certification framed. 
94. Decorate my work office. 
95. Go to the big aquarium nearby.
99. Have a stay-cation where we don't use phones or computer for a weekend. 
100. **********
101. Make another 101 in 1001 list when these are done. 





2 comments:

  1. Love these!! I suck at setting goals (and actually achieving them), so even though I totally wanted to do the 101 in 1001, I settled for the 30 before 30. I figured 30 goals is less intimidating than 101! Hah! Good luck! Can't wait to read about your progress! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes more setting goals!! that is awesome!! good luck with all of these goals excited to see the journey!

    ReplyDelete