Today, life got a little more clarity.
Today, I understood a little more as to why I've went through things in my past.
Today, I witnessed another still small voice from God.
Today, I stood in amazement at where I am in my life.
And this was all because of an award that I won today.
{{I can't wait to post pics about it!}}
Background about me: I've always been a hard worker, an over-achiever and an independent person. I don't care if people think I'm "weird" for putting too much effort into something. I went through elementary school, junior high, high school and even college and graduate school with people making fun of me for spending HOURS writing flash cards or for not going out because I had to study (I didn't really HAVE to study all that time but I still did). I would get so frustrated when people would roll their eyes at me when I said "oh yea I read that, highlighted that, made flashcards for that, and then re-wrote the lecture that I recorded" (OK- yea some of that sounds a little OCD and crazy but that's how hard I worked). I've even been laughed at while at work/school--as if I'm such an outcast because I'm working TOO hard...really? can you really work TOO hard? SERIOUSLY?!
Which brings me to this: As far as I'm concerned..as long as you have balance and have a healthy spiritual life, a wonderful marriage/friendships, and take care of yourself- what's wrong with giving work/school your all, too? Seems like this generation feels like they don't have to work hard or once they get their dream job become miserable or complain about it. Or maybe I am just WEIRD! Call me crazy but aren't we incredibly blessed to wake up every day and live a life we love? and if you don't love your life- think about how Jesus lived his life knowing he was going to be crucified yet He lived it with a smile.
We have it so GOOD--we're living a life KNOWING that if we believe in Him we will end up in Heaven for ETERNITY. There's no bad ending to this story that I'm living--I'm not going to be crucified. I'm not going to be hung on a cross. I'm going to be in Heaven, with people that I love, standing next to the King of Kings! What's not to love about this life?
The way I see it: Since He took the blame, since He hung there on a cross so we wouldn't have to--why can't everyone live life like the gift that it is? I guess that's why I work my butt off. I don't want to be wasting any of the seconds that He has given me and that He died for. So go ahead, make fun of me for being a hard worker, make fun of me for doing more than I "have to"....as far as I'm concerned..I have to do every single thing that I am able to do because He did everything He was able to do to save me--which included dying.
:)
If I'm so thankful why do I easily forget that You died for all of this.
Should've been me. Should've been us.
Should've been there hanging on a cross.
All of this shame all of these scars should've been stains that were never washed.
Thank God for this heart you changed, this soul you raised. My God for taking my place.
Thank God for the should've beens.
-Citizen Way
No comments:
Post a Comment