Image Map

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun!"

"For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland." Isaiah 43:19

How's THAT for a HAPPY 2014!?! I hope everyone is as excited about this new year as we are. This morning we woke up and I made waffles (per request of my husband) and every single time I make them I'm pretty sure the first taste test is followed by a "I'm not making those again--fail."This morning, however, it was followed by a "OK...my one new year's resolution is to never make these waffles again, every time I try to make them they taste like rubber." Good thing Travis also requested to have me make bacon because I don't mess bacon up near as much as those dumb waffles.

After I poured myself a nice big bowl of Cap'n Crunch Berries (yes, still obsessed with them), Travis and I began our list of Bold Prayers for 2014. I love doing this together. It's funny because to me, bold prayers are just that, BOLD. God can't answer a prayer that we don't ask! So, we're going through and thinking of 5-6 things that we want to boldly ask God to do in 2014 and once we got them written down we were stoked about them! I encourage you to do the same. We started doing this in our life group a few years ago and it's stuck ever since. It's so amazing to look back and see where God has taken us from to where He has taken us to. We thank Him for the answered prayers and the unanswered prayers and for the prayers that He can and will answer in 2014! 

This morning I also began Day 1 of the Wife After God devotional (check out more info about it here. We discussed how God's purpose for our marriage is to reveal His love to the world. Honestly, I never thought of it that way. I love being married. I love having my husband by my side & I love that the purpose of our marriage is to teach us to become more like Chris. I've learned more about service & unconditional love in my marriage--2 words that describe Who Christ is.

 God is already doing something new and He is already beginning...today, January 1st 2014, marks a fresh start, answers to bold prayers and proof that He is here, ready for us to expect Him to show up in miraculous ways! 

Have a great January 1st, 2014 everyone! 

PS. We went by the property that our house is going to be built on and they (finally!) put a SOLD sign out front..woohoo!! 


{{The land where Hadley will be growing up.}}

{{EPHESIANS 3:20!}}




4 comments:

  1. Love it! Perfect verses! Your new year is going to be so full and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl!!! Same for you :) Every new year is full of new opportunities..i love it.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for a sold sign!!! (PS I see the hubs truck in the background of that last picture ;) ) You're going to love checking in on it as they build!! Have you picked your elevation and everything yet? I love looking back at the old picture of Adam and I on just the empty land, the lot sizes are so deceiving, it's amazing how they fit a house and a good size yard there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so crazy we're going to be neighbors LOL. yep everything is picked and ordered. My husband should be doing the pre-con walkthrough pretty soon..if they take longer than a few weeks i wont be able to make it because it will be baby time! but hopefully they do it sooner than later (wishful thinking..right?)!

      Delete