It has been quite the week. Last monday I had the day off of work and decided (thanks to nesting I think..) that I couldn't last another night in our Ikea 6" above the floor platform bed/mattress. So, off I went to find a new box spring and mattress and I found it! Travis came home from work to a new bed and it was the best impulse buy I have ever made--I can now get out of bed without feeling like I need a crane to help me thanks to my ab muscles being non existent now.
Tuesday we had an infant CPR course that we attended which was awesome for the both of us to go to together.
Then...Wednesday morning happened. I will spare the details but it started off in a panic mode sometime around 5:30AM complete with me yelling down the stairs "Travis we need to go to the hospital- NOW!" He had just poured his cereal and just left it on the counter, got the dogs in their crates, and off we went to the hospital. We got there and I was immediately checked in to triage at labor and delivery. It was such a relief to hear Hadley's heartbeat and know that she was doing fine. Apparently I was having contractions also (which I had no idea of by the way) but when I was hooked up to the monitors the doctor decided to let me know when I was in the middle of one and how far apart they were. The doctor asks "Have you been feeling contractions frequently?" Me: "ehh...I've felt cramping..." Doctor: "You're having contractions. As a matter of fact, you're right in the middle of one right now." Me: "ohhhhh....so THAT'S what they feel like"...DUH MEGAN! Thankfully, they thought I was good enough to go home b/c the other things that were going on stopped. I was told to go home, stay on the couch/in bed and make sure I keep hydrated, so that's what I did for the rest of the day. It was also my daddy's birthday that day and I'll be totally honest, a part of me thought Hadley was going to be born on his birthday (Praise God that He was able to heal us and that she is still cooking!). As of now, I am on bed rest for pre-term labor. Honestly, at first, I was pretty upset because I am not someone to sit still all day and I thought I would be fine just "taking it easy" but between me trying to go to work on Thursday and a birthing class...it is 100% clear to me that I need to just let my body rest and that it is OK to NOT be going a million miles an hour and that it's best for me and baby. Speaking of this birthing class, we decided to go because a) it was at the hospital and b) I was thinking ''i'll just be sitting there so I should be ok...right?''....WRONG! It was horrible. The class was great but I'm regretting every second we stayed. Bed rest really means BED rest..not take it easy rest...because even the slightest bit of parking a car, walking to the elevator, going up the elevator, walking to the classroom, walking to the bathroom, and reversing the process back to home....hurts and really scares me. With that being said, my couch and my bed are my best friends from this second on. After all, I want this baby cooking until 40 weeks so I have every intention of staying put, drinking lots and lots and lots of water/gatorade, and keeping stress levels at a minimum to keep her growing and growing!
I am so blessed to have such a supportive husband, a supportive work and a doctor who knows what's best for me and our baby girl.
God has the perfect plan. He knows this baby girl's birthday already. He knows what we can handle and He is protecting us.
Enjoy your weekend everyone--if you're in OK....get outside! It's BEAUTIFUL out!
Peace out,
-M
PS. Here are a few photos...because I couldn't leave this totally photo-less!

{{She is perfectly OK with this arrangement...}}
{{A friend from our LifeGroup was baptized last weekend! God is good..ALL the time!}}
{{I love her CarSeat Canopy. Can't wait to use it!}}


No comments:
Post a Comment