It's been a while since I've caught this blog up with our life here in (now) Sunny Oklahoma! We had quite the start to February.....below zero temperatures, snow, freezing rain, highs in the teens...it was rough on this California born & raised family let me tell you! I think it even made our Texan doggies a little loony because ever since February started Valor, our border collie/german shepherd, barks at random stuff...I think she officially started going stir crazy! haha We've been so blessed this month by all the love that our family & friends have poured into our lives & Hadley's nursery/closet--she is one spoiled girl! We are so grateful for everyone that has supported us and honestly, it is overwhelming. God always knows what He's doing. He always has the perfect plan and we couldn't be more happy to be living here in Oklahoma, at our home church (shout out to Lifechurch.tv woohoo!), building our first home together (GOSH I can't wait to write a post w/ photos for a virtual tour!), and doing life with the friends we have met here. We are truly in awe at everything He has done for us. Ephesians 3:20! Anyways, I really hope to get photos of the nursery taken this weekend so I can give you all a virtual tour of it. We are building our home so we are in a rental right now which means no cute fun paint on the wall, but I think we've done pretty good despite not being able to paint.
On other not so fun news, I started getting sick yesterday and now have the full on sore throat, sinus crud that's been going around. Needless to say, I will not be cooking tonight so off to Chipotle it is (my husband is a little too excited about that!). The sun is FINALLY out (13 days into the month..) and it's in the 60's (which is WARM by Oklahoma winter standards now) and...get this....it just MIGHT get into the 70's before it goes back down to the 40's (and hopefully not below that).
Next week is already making me feel exhausted (call that the final month of pregnancy or just being lazy)! Monday is a day off of work (can I get an AMEN!?), Tuesday we are going to infant CPR class (which...if you ask me...having a class end at 9pm should be illegal for 9 month pregnant ladies), Wednesday is a meeting with our builder to get all the details squared away on his blue prints so they can break ground ASAP and it's also my daddy's birthday! I can't wait to celebrate his birthday with him! Thursday is (dun dun dunnnn) a MUCH needed hair appointment (gotta fix these roots before Hadley makes her appearance...I don't want her first photos to have a momma with ugly roots in it! haha). So WOW that's my next week.
Now, more than ever, is it so important (and difficult) for me to be in the PRESENT. I'm only promised right this second and need to live life for this second. Yes, I just wrote an entire post about what the next week can bring but truth is, I'm not promised any of that. I pray that I am able to live it but I also know that I am here for a reason right at this second. I don't know if it's just the constant go-go-go feel of work, etc or the whole "nesting" phase of pregnancy but I've caught myself (more often than not) living in the tomorrow and forgetting about the today. So, I'm challenging myself, I WILL be in the present starting right....NOW!
I can't wait for my husband to get home and to enjoy our few hours together before he goes to life group tonight and while I sit on the couch trying to feel better--I don't want to get all my Life Group peeps sick too....I like them too much! haha
It's all about the NOW.
Over & Out,
Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment