We are from California. born and raised. We love the beach. Actually, it's where most of our dates happened and where we got engaged. Sad to admit, but the most difficult part of moving out of California was leaving the ocean. In college, I enjoyed rowing crew and luckily, in Houston, I could continue that "love/hate" by indoor rowing. Fast forward a few more years, and we get placed in Oklahoma City...where, we are pretty much land locked (or so I thought). They have an amazing boathouse here, an olympic rowing team, and once I have baby and get cleared to start working out--you can bet I will be jumping on that rowing team! So, what does this have to do with her nursery? Well, we wanted to share our love for the ocean with our baby girl. Yes, I know, she won't remember this nursery BUT a picture is worth a thousand words and you can bet I will show her these photos when she remembers. PLUS Travis (being the amazing husband that he is) hand painted all these wonderful oars that we used to decorate her unpainted walls in this current room and when she can talk I know there will be a HILARIOUS conversation with her asking her daddy "Dad, why are these oars here? what do they do?" and Travis' response will be somewhere along the lines of "Hadley, I spent way too many hours painting those things and they are going to be used as decorations one way or another!" haha.
So...here we go. Hadley's Nautical Nursery round 1. Round 2 will be in her custom built home, with paint on the walls (gasp!).
{{Travis & I back in college.}}
{{Love the Message in a Bottle. Everyone at our baby shower wrote us a little tid-bit and although I have tried to start reading them, twice, I pulled out one written by my mom and one by Travis and emotions got the best of me. So, I will be reading these when I can or during those late nights that Hadley insists on keeping us awake. ;) The small pink one next to it was a valentines day note that Travis wrote me. }}
{{We layered her sheets and waterproof mattress pads so she has grey chevron sheets under these ones. We wont be leaving those stuffed animals in the bed while she is sleeping but for now, I think they look pretty darn cute. The lamb has her heartbeat recorded in it and every time we squeeze it we can hear it- this was probably the best purchase we made at the 3D ultrasound.}}
{{This is hanging next to the window and is used to tie the curtain back.}}
{{Lots and lots and lots of blankets.}}
{{This girl has more clothes than Travis and I combined!}}
{{Bought the closet dividers off of Etsy.}}
{{How cute are these booties? A friend of ours got them in Belgium for Hadley.}}
{{Her bath shelf in our linen closet.}}
Well, there we have it! Can't wait to re-decorate and paint her new room in our new house. We are so excited for this little girl to make her arrival!

No comments:
Post a Comment