Last year we were at the Young Adults Conference and one of the days was dedicated towards bringing awareness to this horrific reality. My husband leaned over to me and said "Babe..I need to get involved with this." It was tugging on his heart and he wanted to do something more, same for me. Between spreading awareness and donating, he felt that there was more he could do. Crazy how God works...... Yesterday, when I was driving home I heard a song on the radio- it is called "Twenty Seven Million"- immediately, I Shazamed (which i am declaring an actual word now) it thinking hmm..i wonder if my hubby has heard this. The crazy thing was- my husband and I haven't talked about this in a little while- the A21 Campaign and human trafficking are constantly in our prayers though. This morning, while we were having an amazing breakfast (that I cooked- from scratch), He said "Babe..you know how God and I talk and hang-out, right?" (His way of saying he prays..man did I marry an awesome guy OR WHAT!) I said "Yea..." Then he goes "Well...I'm pretty sure that I need to get involved with changing the human trafficking world, God is telling me to do SOMETHING" in my head I am going "GOD- you are CRAZY- like seriously?! I drive home yesterday and randomly Shazam that song that just so happens to be all about human trafficking thinking my hubby would want to hear it and BAM he brings up this topic?!?!" So instantly I say "Babe..you need to listen to this song!" (more in a O.my.gosh. I was thinking the same thing you were thinking how crazy- we must be married...aka. it was a God thing)...and yea..that was our morning today :)
Check out the A21 Campaign and listen to this song. No matter where you are in life, where you live, what you do or who you are..YOU can make a difference in the lives of those in Human trafficking. I love how it is put on the A21 Campaign website "27 Million is almost impossible to fathom...As long as there is ONE VICTIM of Human trafficking, that's ALL the motivation that we need."
You have the opportunity and the blessing to bring change to one of these 27 million. Thats one girl, one life, one daughter, one sister, one person. Our generation needs to step out of their comfort zone, find a cause, and attack these terrible realities one at a time. We cannot be a talk the talk generation..we need to be a walk the walk generation. If we want to change this world, we NEED to start with that ONE person.
Have a blessed Saturday. Thank the Lord that you are here, that you are safe and that you GET TO bring change to the world. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment