Image Map

Friday, March 2, 2012

Five for Friday

Today is all about 5 reasons why this week was totally awesome! Yes, there were ups and there were downs. Yes, every single second is a blessing. And yes, there are wayyyyy more than 5 awesome things that happened this week...so heres just 5...

1. One.Night.Stand. Basically what this event was, was a ton of young adults from ALL over Houston worshiping One night. We took a stand for this city. A stand that says "we are confident in our world. and we have the courage to change it. and we will show light to this dark world." It was INCREDIBLE! We raised enough money ($15K) to build and sustain a well in Ethiopia through Charity Water. Not only are the youth bringing change to this great city- but we are bringing change to the world!

2. Leap Year. We got an extra 24 hours to make it count! I spent that day encouraged. Encouraged for whats ahead. Greatful for whats past. and ready for whatever is next!

3. RODEO! I already talked about this and posted pictures. but yes- this is one for the books.

4. Finding out I'm going to be an aunt! Shocked. Surprised. Confused. and now- super duper excited! I cannot wait! Miss Braylee Mae is due in July. I wont be anywhere near the fam but I know that whenever I do visit- I will get to see her :)

5. Conquering a difficult workout.  I have a personal trainer. I run alot. I lift until I cant lift any more. I squat until my legs wont let me stand up straight again. I do push ups until I can no longer push my self up. and I do sit ups until I get bored. I eat healthy {{minus the girl scout cookies}}. I drink lots of protein shakes. Unless a workout hurts- its not a workout. Anyways..today..I go to training..he has this hard workout for me. and I didnt even break a sweat! He kept making me change things to make it harder and I was still getting through it! I LOVED IT! BEST FEELING EVER!! Now...I know that Monday's training sesh is going to be INTENSE!



Since i'm new to blogging- I want to meet more bloggers and have more followers. This is an awesome idea!

^I couldn't get her link to work so Find Hollie here. She came up with Follow friday. #ff AWESOME!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Megan! Just found you on Hollie Takes Notes. Cute blog :) Hope you have a great weekend!
    Lauren @ Lemon Trees and Bumble Bees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan! I came across your blog and glad I did! I love how you share your faith! Blogs can be such an awesome tool to spread encouragement among Christian women.

    AND I did not know about this #FF thing and I am also a new blogger so this is wonderful to know! New follower for you right here! Do you have a button, I would be happy to put it on my page...not that I have a huge following right now, but still!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren and Becky- thank's for saying hi :) I am so excited about us "hanging out" on the blog world! Becky- I just put a button on my blog and am SO excited that you would love to put it on your page. AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete